Where Has My Baby Gone?
Posted July 29, 2009on:
The last month or so, I find Hal and I repeatedly saying, “What happened to our baby? She is such a little girl now!” It leaves me to wonder if we’ll be saying this they day we hand her the keys to our car. I feel like such an old fart every time I say it, but really, the time just seems to pass so quickly. Cameron turned 27 months about 10 days ago. And I never quite know how to respond when people ask how old she is now… but, we are now quickly approaching 2.5! I wanted to take a few minutes and jot down some highlights of our little Cameron, before I forget!
- First and foremost, she is a HAM! Loves to laugh, tickle, be tickled, play jokes and generally be silly.
- She loves to sing and dance and will ask us to join in with her (or sometimes to be quiet and let her sing!)
- Her favorites songs are: Poker Face and Just Dance by Lady Gaga & All the Single Ladies by Beyonce.. and she even got excited when Rapper’s Delight came on in the car one day!
- Her favorite kid songs are: Itsey Bitsey Spider, Row Row Row Your Boat, Ring Around The Rosey, Wheels on the Bus and Monkeys on the Bed.
- Cameron loves nature and all animals. She can name and make the sound of nearly any animal. We often play a game when she wakes up from nap. I stand outside her door and make an animal noise and she says, “What’s that? It’s a … bear/etc.” This sometimes goes on for 15 animals or so.
- Simon has also finally really eased up to Cameron and doesn’t get as nervous around her. He often sits next to her for a cuddle. And her and Duke are still best buds ever.
- Cameron had her first “hair cut” around a month ago (by Momma); that really turned her into a little lady.
- She is really seeking her independence: will not wear a bib, won’t sit in a high chair (booster only), likes to do things herself.
- She loves to help with any kind of chores: bringing in the trash cans, throwing her trash away, laundry transfer and emptying the dishwasher.
- She has exploded in her language the last few months. She is now speaking in sentences and will remember things after hearing them just once.
- She can sing her ABC’s, count to 11, grasp quantity (not just counting from memorization), recognizes several shapes (loves to draw circles) and colors (pink or orange are her favorite!)
- We are still working on the pottying. She progresses and sometimes loses interest. I finally made the connection that she likes to do it like we do (i.e. on the big potty!)
- Lately, she’s loving Special Agent Oso, Dora and ELMO. Do not get in between this girl and Oso when she wakes up.
- It’s the same routine every night at bedtime. I tuck Cameron in, kiss her on lips, give Dora a kiss and then a final kiss on the cheek (she points and asks for this one.) And then she waves and says, “Night, Night” and we blow each other a kiss.
- Her favorite foods are: bananas (she must peel and hold it herself), any kind of berry, shelled edamame beans which we call “Dora Beans”, chicken nuggets, Mexican food, pizza & pasta. Oh, and ice cream!
- As as much as possible for a 2 yr. old, she’s very sensitive to others. She says: “Be Careful!”, “OK, Momma, Daddy?”, “Is it good, Momma/Daddy?” about our food and “Don’t worry.”
- She LOVES kids of all ages and will get right in the mix pretty much anywhere we go.
- She has just started to express when she misses someone/something. She’ll start getting all squirmy and sad looking and say, “Grandma?” or “Daddy?”